Monday, August 1, 2011

Window Washers, Packages & Torrential Rain

So sexy

Temple of Literature: an okay place

Craft street

The glamour of Vincom

All you can eat yum cha

The toilet at Canopee Bar (that's a tv IN the urinal)


Brownie cupcakes for Bastille Day featuring english words thanks to the french

Window washers

Not a photo of me on the bike, but a photo of my bike

This is where my bike lives

Johnny coming home after being caught in the rain

A bit of an update about some of the random things that have been going on as of late:

* We found out how our building gets washed. Surprisingly and NOT surprisingly it's by hand. Yes, the entire 25 story building gets washed by a guys with two buckets and a single rope. You can imagine how freaked out I was having a guy appear right next to our window. Funnily enough, AFTER the washing was completed, reception showed Johnny a notice advising when the window washing would take place and made him sign it to say he received it. They have since then had window washing again but this time no notice.

* We FINALLY got an oven. It's very exciting. I have not yet baked though, I need to go and buy cake pans.

* Thanks our lovely friends and family we've received packages. Containing chocolate no less. As much as I say don't bother sending anything, it is still very exciting =)

* Being here makes me realise in Sydney we don't get very extreme weather. This week there's apparently a typhoon going by (but not hitting Hanoi)and as a result we're going sheets of torrential rain coming down. It's quite fascinating really.

* We found a yum cha! A buffet no less. They even had suckling pig. I almost burst with excitement.

* Our friends got engaged in possibly the most dramatic and exciting way ever. Read about it here.

* I have a fringe again! Woop. I haven't yet cut it short so this is a bridging haircut that will hopefully encourage me to keep it long a bit longer.

* I'm going to Malaysia this Wednesday. Woooop!

That's all the "semi" interesting news I have. Do you have any better?

1 comment:

  1. I just discovered this blog (how many blogs do you have?!) when it started sending traffic to my blog. And it has photos of me on it. Is that so you can study them to get INSIDE MY MIND?

    Also, in that photo of you at Southgate, you look like you have LEGS UP TO HERE. This is why people stare at you - cos you're the hottest ticket in town.

    ReplyDelete